Monday, May 23, 2005

EVPs?

I take back what I posted earlier about not hearing moaning or chains rattling. Upon listening to my audio files from that day, I've found what could possibly be EVPs (electronic voice phenomena). EVPs are purported to be the recorded voices of ghosts. In this case I was using a Sony ICD-ST10 audio digital recorder. In both cases, an offsite investigator has evaluated them and found these voices to be within normal human ranges. Therefore it is inconclusive that these are real EVPS. All I can say is that I was there and no one said these things in the presence of my recorder.

Recording no. 1
In this case I was chatting with another group member. We were standing in a long hallway near a window as I recall. There was no one else close enough to be heard by my recorder in this way. At this time we haven't reached a definite conclusion as to what the voice is saying.

Recording no. 2
This was on another floor where some work was being done by people about thirty feet away, so this is the pounding you hear. I was attempting to show the building owner some photos I had taken on my digy camera. The camera's memory card chose that moment to die and I was fussing around with it trying to get it to work. At the end of the recording, you hear me call out in frustration to the spirits.

I haven't finished listening to the entire recording yet and it is possible that there are more voices to be heard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home